Emergency Care

emergencyIf there is an urgent problem and your child is currently a patient with us, please call our office at (407) 870-0717 and we will accommodate you as soon as possible.

If the office is closed, you will be given specific instructions on how to obtain emergency advice or care.

In the event of an emergency, you should call 911 or visit your nearest emergency room.

What should I do if a permanent tooth gets knocked out?

Remain calm and try to locate the tooth. If possible, put it back in its socket and go directly to your dentist.  If you cannot put the tooth in the socket, put it in a glass with milk instead.

What should I do if my child has a toothache?

To relieve the pain, have your child swish warm salt water over the area and give him or her a child’s dose of ibuprofen. If there is swelling along with the pain, use a cold compress as well. You should make an appointment for a dental exam as soon as possible. We can usually accommodate urgent situations, such as pain, the very same day.


Download a full-color PDF of the guide

Download a black/white version that’s easy to print

Descarga un PDF a todo color de la guía en español

Descargar una versión en blanco y negro en español, fácil de imprimir